Audience: Anyone involved in the preparation and submission of multi-project applications to NIH.
Purpose: NIH will require electronic submission for all P01, P20, P50 and U19 applications intended for due dates on or after September 25, 2013. Additional NIH grant programs will transition to electronic submission per the established timeline. Applicant organizations which use system-to-system solutions will be able to use those services for submitting multi-project applications into Grants.gov if the provider offers that service. All other applicants must use the new ASSIST (Application Submission System & Interface for Submission Tracking) system to prepare and submit their multi-project applications. NIH will hold a webinar to help potential applicants get acquainted with ASSIST.
Webinar topics will include
- Registration and accounts
- Finding an opportunity and accessing ASSIST
- Overview of process
- Initiating an application
- Defining your team and providing application access
- Filling out the application and avoiding common errors along the way
- Preparing your application for submission - managing application status, checking for errors, and previewing your application
- Submitting your application to Grants.gov
- Tracking your submission to ensure it gets to NIH staff for consideration
Day: Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Time: 2:30pm - 4:00pm Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -5)
- Sheri Cummins – Communications and electronic Submission Specialist, NIH Office of Extramural Research
- Megan Columbus – NIH Program Manager for Electronic Submission of Grant Applications
Captioning provided during the webinar in English. A transcript will be posted on this page within 5 business days following the event.
Additional On-Line Resources:
- General webinar questions? Email: email@example.com
- General questions concerning using the eRA Commons or ASSIST? Contact:
eRA Commons Help Desk
Web: http://ithelpdesk.nih.gov/eRA/ (Preferred method of contact)
Hours: Mon.-Fri., 7a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (for Commons Support)
- Need help with your application submission? See our Finding Help page.
[Return to the Webinars Home Page]